This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Measurements of 212 microcephalic children show them to be consistently retarded in height when compared by age and sex with 12,000 healthy children in the public schools. Abnormally small head sizes in microcephalic children have a significant correlation with intelligence quotients when degrees of microcephaly are plotted against degrees of mental retardation as measured in intelligence quotients.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
- Graphs of the head circumference of the normal infant.J. Pediat. 1948; 33: 167
- Head circumference from birth to eighteen years.Pediatrics. 1968; 41: 106
- Charts of normal body measurements in graphic form.J. Pediat. 1966; 68: 615
- Man and dolphin.Pyramid Publications, New York1962
- Mind of the dolphin.Doubleday & Company, Inc., New York1967
- Language development in children.in: Manual of child psychology. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York1946
- Head circumference, mental retardation, and growth failure.Pediatrics. 1965; 36: 62
- A clinical and genetic study of microcephaly.Am. J. Ment. Deficiency. 1952; 57: 642
- Microcephalia as a complication of pneumococcic meningitis.Am. J. Dis. Child. 1949; 77: 642
- Abnormal patterns of growth and development in mongolism.Clin. Pediat. 1966; 5: 493
- Some factors related to size and intelligence in an institutionalized mentally retarded population.J. Pediat. 1967; 71: 897
- Physical growth in mental defectives.Pediatrics suppl. 1965; 36: 465
- Growth deviations in handicapped children.Clin. Pediat. 1967; 6: 501
- Growth in mentally retarded children.J. Pediat. 1967; 71: 865
- Mental retardation and physical growth.Am. J. Ment. Deficiency. 1963; 68: 41
- Mental subnormality.New England J. Med. 1962; 266: 1045
- The birthweight of abnormally small mental defectives.Human Biol. 1964; 36: 229
© 1968 The C. V. Mosby Company. Published by Elsevier Inc.