Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Machine Learning in Healthcare Communication.Encyclopedia. 2021; 1: 220-239
- Machine Learning for Healthcare: On the Verge of a Major Shift in Healthcare Epidemiology.Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 66: 149-153
- International evaluation of an AI system for breast cancer screening.Nature. 2020; 577: 89-94
- Prediction of cardiovascular risk factors from retinal fundus photographs via deep learning.Nat Biomed Eng. 2018; 2: 158-164
- Early prediction of circulatory failure in the intensive care unit using machine learning.Nat Med. 2020; 26: 364-373
- A deep learning model for real-time mortality prediction in critically ill children.Crit Care. 2019; 23: 279
- Mortality prediction models for pediatric intensive care: comparison of overall and subgroup specific performance.Intensive Care Med. 2013; 39: 942-950
- Comparison of Pediatric Risk of Mortality III, Pediatric Index of Mortality 2, and Pediatric Index of Mortality 3 in Predicting Mortality in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.J Pediatr Intensive Care. 2018; 7: 201-206
Winter MC, Day TE, Ledbetter DR, Aczon MD, Newth CJL, Wetzel RC, et al. Machine Learning to Predict Cardiac Death Within 1 Hour After Terminal Extubation. Pediatr Crit Care Med J Soc Crit Care Med World Fed Pediatr Intensive Crit Care Soc. 2021;22:161–171.
- Dissecting racial bias in an algorithm used to manage the health of populations.Science. 2019; 366: 447-453
- Beware explanations from AI in health care.Science. 2021; 373: 284-286
Michelson KN, Patel R, Haber-Barker N, Emanuel L, Frader J. End-of-life care decisions in the PICU: roles professionals play. Pediatr Crit Care Med J Soc Crit Care Med World Fed Pediatr Intensive Crit Care Soc. 2013;14:e34-44.
Michelson KN, Emanuel L, Carter A, Brinkman P, Clayman ML, Frader J. Pediatric intensive care unit family conferences: one mode of communication for discussing end-of-life care decisions. Pediatr Crit Care Med J Soc Crit Care Med World Fed Pediatr Intensive Crit Care Soc. 2011;12:e336-343.
- Outcomes for Extremely Premature Infants.Anesth Analg. 2015; 120: 1337-1351
- Algorithms on regulatory lockdown in medicine.Science. 2019; 366: 1202-1204
- Guidelines for Family-Centered Care in the Neonatal, Pediatric, and Adult ICU.Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: 103-128
- Do as AI say: susceptibility in deployment of clinical decision-aids.Npj Digit Med. 2021; 4: 1-8
- Resistance to Medical Artificial Intelligence.J Consum Res. 2019; 46: 629-650
- Artificial Intelligence and Human Trust in Healthcare: Focus on Clinicians.J Med Internet Res. 2020; 22: e15154
Brohan | M. AI may save one small hospital $20 million [Internet]. Digital Commerce 360. 2018 [cited 2021 Jul 26]. Available from: https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2018/09/14/ai-may-save-one-small-hospital-20-million/
The cost of AI in radiology: is it really worth it? [Internet]. AI Blog. 2019 [cited 2021 Jul 26]. Available from: https://ai.myesr.org/healthcare/the-cost-of-ai-in-radiology-is-it-really-worth-it/
- New Technology Add-On Payment (NTAP) for Viz LVO: a win for stroke care.J NeuroInterventional Surg. 2021; 13: 406-408
Wetsman N. Hospitals are selling treasure troves of medical data — what could go wrong? [Internet]. The Verge. 2021 [cited 2021 Jul 26]. Available from: https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/23/22547397/medical-records-health-data-hospitals-research
HIPAA and the Leak of “Deidentified” EHR Data | NEJM [Internet]. [cited 2021 Aug 13]. Available from: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2102616
- Ethical and legal challenges of artificial intelligence-driven healthcare.Artif Intell Healthc. 2020; : 295-336
Patients aren’t being told about the AI systems advising their care [Internet]. STAT. 2020 [cited 2021 Aug 3]. Available from: https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/15/artificial-intelligence-patient-consent-hospitals/
Price WN II, Gerke S, Cohen IG. Potential Liability for Physicians Using Artificial Intelligence. JAMA. 2019;322:1765–1766
- How Much Can Potential Jurors Tell Us About Liability for Medical Artificial Intelligence?.J Nucl Med. 2021; 62: 15-16
- When Does Physician Use of AI Increase Liability?.J Nucl Med. 2021; 62: 17-21
Maliha G, Gerke S, Cohen IG, Parikh RB. Artificial Intelligence and Liability in Medicine: Balancing Safety and Innovation. Milbank Q [Internet]. [cited 2021 Aug 3];n/a(n/a). Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/1468-0009.12504
Maliha G, Gerke S, Parikh RB, Cohen IG. To Spur Growth in AI, We Need a New Approach to Legal Liability. Harvard Business Review [Internet]. 2021 Jul 13 [cited 2021 Aug 3]; Available from: https://hbr.org/2021/07/to-spur-growth-in-ai-we-need-a-new-approach-to-legal-liability
Price WN, Cohen IG. Privacy in the age of medical big data. Nat Med. 2019;25:37–43.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) [Internet]. State of California - Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General. 2018 [cited 2021 Aug 3]. Available from: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
LIS > Bill Tracking > SB1392 > 2021 session [Internet]. [cited 2021 Aug 3]. Available from: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?211+sum+SB1392
State Laws Related to Digital Privacy [Internet]. [cited 2021 Aug 13]. Available from: https://www.ncsl.org/research/telecommunications-and-information-technology/state-laws-related-to-internet-privacy.aspx
Publication stageIn Press Accepted Manuscript
Sources of financial assistance and potential conflicts of interest:
K.M. receives funding from the National Palliative Care Research Center and the National Institutes of Health for unrelated work. . A.K. is a strategic advisor to Datavant unrelated to this work. The authors declare no conflicts of interest