Abbreviations:CHD (Congenital heart disease), HLHS (Hypoplastic left heart syndrome), NNR (Nearest neighbor ratio), TGA (d-transposition of the great arteries)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prenatal diagnosis and prevalence of critical congenital heart defects: an international retrospective cohort study.BMJ Open. 2019; 9: 1-12
- Detection of transposition of the great arteries in fetuses reduces neonatal morbidity and mortality.Circulation. 1999; 99: 916-918
- Improved Surgical outcome after fetal diagnosis of hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Circulation. 2001; 103: 1269-1273
- Prenatal diagnosis, birth location, surgical center, and neonatal mortality in infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Circulation. 2014; 129: 285-292
- Specialized delivery room planning for fetuses with critical congenital heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 737-747
- Transposition of the great arteries: rationale for tailored preoperative management.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2017; 110: 124-134
- Prenatal detection of congenital heart disease.J Pediatr. 2009; 155: 26-31.e1
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of the performance of second-trimester screening for prenatal detection of congenital heart defects.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2018; 140: 137-145
- Association of socioeconomic position and medical insurance with fetal diagnosis of critical congenital heart disease.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2009; 2: 354-360
- Prenatal diagnosis of nonsyndromic congenital heart defects.Prenat Diagn. 2014; 34: 214-222
- Impact of socioeconomic status, race and ethnicity, and geography on prenatal detection of hypoplastic left heart syndrome and transposition of the great arteries.Circulation. 2021; 143: 2049-2060
- Regional differences in right versus left congenital heart disease diagnoses in neonates in the United States.Birth Defects Res. 2018; 110: 325-335
- Congenital heart operations performed in the first year of life: does geographic variation exist?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 98: 912-918
- Variation in prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease in infants.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e378-e385
- Diagnosis of congenital heart disease in an era of universal prenatal ultrasound screening in southwest Ohio.Cardiol Young. 2015; 25: 35-41
- Disparities in the prenatal detection of critical congenital heart disease.Prenat Diagn. 2015; 35: 859-863
- How Average Nearest Neighbor Works. Esri n.d.(Accessed July 5, 2021)https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/spatial-statistics/h-how-average-nearest-neighbor-distance-spatial-st.htm#:∼:text=The average nearest neighbor ratio,covering the same total area
- Optimized Hot Spot Analysis (Spatial Statistics). Esri n.d.(Accessed July 5, 2021)https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/spatial-statistics/optimized-hot-spot-analysis.htm
- Geographic distribution of live births with tetralogy of Fallot in North Carolina 2003 to 2012.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2016; 106: 881-887
- Secondary spatial analysis of gun violence near Boston schools: a public health approach.J Urban Heal. 2018; 95: 344-360
- Prenatal detection of critical cardiac outflow tract anomalies remains suboptimal despite revised obstetrical imaging guidelines.Congenit Heart Dis. 2018; 13: 748-756
- Health Equity Report for the District of Columbia 2018. Government of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC2018
- Modeling geographic risk of complex congenital heart defects in Eastern Wisconsin.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011; 91: 631-641
- Prevalence and composition of CHD at different altitudes in Tibet: a cross-sectional study.Cardiol Young. 2017; 27: 1497-1503
- Ambient air pollution and congenital heart disease: a register-based study.Environ Res. 2011; 111: 435-441
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Portions of this study were accepted for the Pediatric Academic Societies annual meeting in 2020 (canceled).