Abbreviations:HEP (Home exercise program), PFD (Pelvic floor dyssynergia), PFM (Pelvic floor muscle), PT (Physical therapy), s/p (Status post)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A multicenter study on childhood constipation and fecal incontinence: effects on quality of life.J Pediatr. 2015; 166 (e1): 1482-1487
- Review article: faecal incontinence in children: epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical evaluation and management.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013; 37: 37-48
- Fecal incontinence: epidemiology, impact, and treatment.Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2016; 29: 264-270
- Health related quality of life in children with constipation-associated fecal incontinence.J Pediatr. 2009; 154: 749-753
- Fecal incontinence in children.Am Fam Physician. 1997; 55: 2229-2238
- Screening for autism identifies behavioral disorders in children functional defecation disorders.Eur J Pediatr. 2016; 175: 1371-1378
- Incontinence in children with treated attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.J Pediatr Urol. 2015; 11 (e1-6): 141
- Comorbidity of ADHD and incontinence in children.Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015; 24: 127-140
- Use of Rome II criteria in childhood defecation disorders: applicability in clinical and research practice.J Pediatr. 2004; 145: 213-217
- Behavioural and cognitive interventions with or without other treatments for the management of faecal incontinence in children.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; (CD002240)
- Management of functional nonretentive fecal incontinence in children: recommendations from the International Children's Continence Society.J Pediatr Urol. 2016; 12: 56-64
- Predictors of a favorable outcome of physiotherapy in fecal incontinence: secondary analysis of a randomized trial.Neurourol Urodyn. 2012; 31: 1156-1160
- Biofeedback training in disordered defecation. A critical review.Dig Dis Sci. 1993; 38: 1953-1960
- Treating pelvic floor disorders of defecation: management or cure?.Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2009; 11: 278-287
- Effectiveness of pelvic physiotherapy in children with functional constipation compared with standard medical care.Gastroenterology. 2017; 152: 82-91
- Evaluation of the levator ani and pelvic wall muscles in levator ani syndrome.Urol Nurs. 2009; 29: 225-231
- Endpoints for therapeutic interventions in faecal incontinence: small step or game changer.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016; 28: 1123-1133
- Systematic review of urologic outcomes from tethered cord release in occult spinal dysraphism in children.Curr Urol Rep. 2015; 16: 78
Supported by the National Institutes of Health ( K23 DK101688 [to B.C.] and P30 DK56338 ), which funds the Texas Medical Center Digestive Disease Center (E.C. and B.C.). The authors declare no conflicts of interest.