Abbreviations:ASQ-3 (Ages and Stages Questionnaire, Third Edition), BSID-III-NL (Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development, Third Edition, Dutch Version), CA (Corrected gestational age), EAS (Emotional Availability Scales), IBAIP (Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program), ITSEA (Infant Toddler Social and Emotional Assessment), ToP (Transmural developmental support for preterm children and their parents)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cognitive and behavioral outcomes of school-aged children who were born preterm: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2002; 288: 728-737
- Meta-analysis of neurobehavioral outcomes in very preterm and or very low birth weight children.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 717-728
- Motor development in very preterm and very low birth weight children from birth to adolescence.JAMA. 2009; 302: 2235-2242
- High incidence of multi-domain disabilities in very preterm children at five years of age.J Pediatr. 2011; 159: 79-85
- Preventive care at home for very preterm infants improves infant and caregiver outcomes at 2 years.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 171-178
- Early developmental intervention programmes provided post hospital discharge to prevent motor and cognitive impairment in preterm infants.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 11: CD005495
- Long-term benefits of home-based preventive care for preterm infants: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 1094-1101
- Early interventions involving parents to improve neurodevelopmental outcomes of premature infants: a meta-analysis.J perinatal. 2009; 29: 343-351
- The infant Behavioral Assessment and intervention program.http://www.ibaip.org(Accessed December 16, 2014)Date: 1998
- The Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program for very low birth weight infants at 6 months corrected age.J Pediatr. 2009; 154: 33-38
- A neurobehavioral intervention and assessment program in very low birth weight infants: outcome at 24 months.J Pediatr. 2010; 159: 359-365
- The infant behavioral assessment and intervention program in very low birth weight infants; outcome on executive functioning, behaviour and cognition at preschool age.Early Hum Dev. 2012; 88: 699-705
- Sustained Developmental Effects of the Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program in Very Low Birth Weight Infants at 5.5 Years Corrected Age.J Pediatr. 2013; 162: 1112-1119
- Early intervention improves behavioral outcomes for preterm infants: randomized controlled trial.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 9-16
- Acquiring self-regulation.in: Shonkoff J.P. Phillips D.A. From neurons to neighborhoods: the science of early childhood development. National Academy Press, Washington, (DC2001
Scientific council on the Developing child at Harvard University. Early experiences can alter gene expression and affect long-term development. Working paper #10. 2007. http://www.developingchild.net. Accessed October 2014.
- A responsive parenting intervention: the optimal timing across childhood for impacting maternal behaviors and child outcomes.Dev Psychol. 2008; 44: 1335-1353
- Does early responsive parenting have a special importance or is consistency across early childhood necessary?.Dev Psychol. 2001; 37: 387-403
Scientific Council on the Developing Child at Harvard University. The timing and quality of early experiences combine to shape brain architecture. Working paper #5. 2007. http://www.developingchild.net. Accessed June 2014.
- Issues in the timing of integrated early intervention.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2014; 1308: 89-106
- Bayley-III-NL; technische handleiding.Pearson Assessment and Information, Amsterdam, the Netherlands2014
- Emotional Availability (EA) Scales manual.4th edition. International Center for Excellence in Emotional Availability, Boulder CO2008
- The Infant-Toddler Social and Emotional Assessment (ITSEA): factor structure, reliability, and validity.J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2003; 31: 495-514
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires: A parent-completed child monitoring system.3rd ed. Brookes Publishing Co, Baltimore2009
- Lexilijst begrip.(Handleiding) Harcourt Publishers, Amsterdam2007
- Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development Administration Manual.3rd ed. PsychCorp, San Antonio (TX)2006
- Emotional availability: conceptualization and research findings.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2000; 70: 104-114
- Emotional availability: concept, research, and window on developmental psychopathology.Dev Psychopathol. 2012; 24: 1-8
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences.2nd ed. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale (NJ)1988
- Dyadic co-regulation affective intensity and infant's development at 12 months: a comparison among extremely preterm and full-term dyads.Infant Behav Dev. 2015; 40: 29-40
- Parenting behavior at 2 years predicts school-age performance at 7 years in very preterm children.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2016; 57: 814-821
- Can the home environment promote resilience for children born very preterm in the context of social and medical risk?.J Exp Child Psychol. 2012; 112: 326-337
- Concurrent validity of Ages and Stages Questionnaires in preterm infants.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 108-114
- Validity of the ages and stages questionnaires in term and preterm infants.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 1468-1474
- Parental and professional assessment of early child development: the ASQ-3 and the Bayley-III-NL.Early Hum Dev. 2015; 91: 217-225
Supported by ZonMw (Zorg Onderzoek Nederland) (200330001). The authors declare no conflicts of interest.