- Fatal rocky mountain spotted Fever in the United States, 1999-2007.Am J Tropical Med Hygiene. 2012; 86: 713-719
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever in the United States, 2000-2007: interpreting contemporary increases in incidence.Am J Tropical Med Hygiene. 2010; 83: 174-182
- Therapeutic delay and mortality in cases of Rocky Mountain spotted fever.Clinical Infect Dis. 1995; 20: 1118-1121
- Analysis of risk factors for fatal Rocky Mountain spotted fever: evidence for superiority of tetracyclines for therapy.J Infect Dis. 2001; 184: 1437-1444
- Diagnosis and management of tickborne rickettsial diseases: Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichioses, and anaplasmosis—United States: a practical guide for physicians and other health-care and public health professionals.MMWR recommendations and reports: morbidity and mortality weekly report. Recommendations and reports/Centers for Disease Control. 2006; 55: 1-27
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever. American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL2009
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding Rocky Mountain spotted fever among healthcare providers, Tennessee, 2009.Am J Tropical Med Hygiene. 2013; 88: 162-166
- The use and safety of doxycycline hyclate and other second-generation tetracyclines.Expert Opin Drug Safety. 2008; 7: 571-577
- Absence of tooth staining with doxycycline treatment in young children.Clin Pediatr. 2007; 46: 121-126
Vibramycin [Package Insert]. In: Labs P, editor. New York, NY2007.
The findings and conclusions in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The authors declare no conflicts of interest.