Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Associations between socioeconomic status and major complications in type 1 diabetes: the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complication (EDC) study.Ann Epidemiol. 2011; 21: 374-381
- Ethnicity and social deprivation independently influence metabolic control in children with type 1 diabetes.Diabetologia. 2008; 51: 1835-1842
- Relationship between caregiver knowledge and socioeconomic factors on glycemic outcomes of young children with diabetes.J Spec Pediatr Nurs. 2006; 11: 158-165
- Relationship between glycemic control, ethnicity and socioeconomic status in Hispanic and white non-Hispanic youths with type 1 diabetes mellitus.Pediatr Diabetes. 2003; 4: 19-23
- Characteristics of adolescents with type 1 diabetes who exhibit adverse outcomes.Diabetes Educ. 2008; 34: 874-885
- Early markers of glycaemic control in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e25251
- Sociodemographic determinants of glycaemic control in young diabetic patients in peninsular Malaysia.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2000; 47: 57-69
- Assessment of risk factors of poor metabolic control in type 1 diabetic children assisted in a public hospital in Argentina.Pediatr Diabetes. 2008; 9: 480-487
- Disparity in glycemic control and adherence between African-American and Caucasian youths with diabetes. Family and community contexts.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 1569-1575
- Comparison of single-mother and two-parent families on metabolic control of children with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 234-238
- Factors influencing glycemic control in young people with type 1 diabetes in Scotland: a population-based study (DIABAUD2).Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 239-244
- Developmental trajectories of metabolic control among White, Black, and Hispanic youth with type 1 diabetes.J Pediatr. 2011; 159: 571-576
- A Deprivation Index for health planning in Canada.Chronic Dis Can. 2009; 29: 178-191
- A comparison of individual and area-based socio-economic data for monitoring social inequalities in health.Health Rep. 2009; 20: 85-94
- The Swedish UPA score: an administrative tool for identification of underprivileged areas.Scand J Soc Med. 1996; 24: 177-184
- Higher mortality in areas of lower socioeconomic position measured by a single index of deprivation in Japan.Public Health. 2007; 121: 163-173
- Ecological association between a Deprivation Index and mortality in France over the period 1997-2001: variations with spatial scale, degree of urbanicity, age, gender, and cause of death.BMC Public Health. 2009; 9: 33
The INSPQ Deprivation Index for Health in Canada: Applications for Research, Policy and Practice. Canadian Institute for Health Information Workshop Proceedings Report. Montreal, Quebec, September 23, 2009. Available from: www.cihi.ca. Accessed January 22, 2013.
- The Quebec index of material and social deprivation: methodological follow-up, 1991 through 2006.Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec, Government of Quebec;. 2011; (Available from:) (Accessed January 22, 2013)
- The material and social deprivation index: a summary.Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec, Government of Quebec;. 2010; (Available from:) (Accessed January 22, 2013)
Ontario Marginalization Index. McMaster University. Available from: http://www.crunch.mcmaster.ca/ontario-marginalization-index. Accessed January 22, 2013.
- Visible minority of person. Statistics Canada, 2012 (Available at:)Accessed January 22, 2013)
- Postal Code Conversion File (PCCF). Statistics Canada, 2006 (Available at:)
- Why have poorer neighbourhoods stagnated economically, while the richer have flourished? Neighbourhood income inequality in canadian cities.CLSRN Working Papers, 2011
- Inequality and City Size.Conditonally accepted at Review of Economics and Statistics. 2011; (Available at:) (Accessed January 22, 2013)
- Visual census: ethnic origin and visible minorities, Canada. Statistics Canada,
2010 (Available at:)http://www12.statcan.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/fs-fi/index.cfm?LANG=ENG&VIEW=C&formal=flash&PRCODE=01&TOPIC_ID=11(Accessed January 22, 2013)
- Social disadvantage, family composition, and diabetes mellitus: prevalence and outcome.Arch Dis Child. 1998; 79: 427-430
- The effect of socioeconomic deprivation on efficacy of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion: a retrospective paediatric case-controlled survey.Eur J Pediatr. 2012; 171: 59-65
- Impact of insulin pumps on glycaemic control in a pump-naive paediatric regional population.J Paediatr Child Health. 2012; 48: 247-252
Insulin Pump and Supplies Policy and Administration Manual. Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Government of Ontario; September 2012. Available from: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/adp/publications.aspx. Accessed January 22, 2013.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.