Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pertussis in adults and infants.Lancet Infect Dis. 2002; 2: 744-750
- The present and future control of pertussis.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 51: 663-667
- Pertussis in the United States.J Infect Dis. 1970; 122: 123-125
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adults: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 1-37
- Efficacy of acellular pertussis vaccine in early childhood after household exposure.JAMA. 1996; 275: 37-41
- Efficacy of a two-component acellular pertussis vaccine in infants.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1997; 16: 1038-1044
- A randomized double-blind trial comparing a two-component acellular to a whole-cell pertussis vaccine in Senegal.Vaccine. 1997; 15: 1606-1612
- Randomised controlled trial of two-component, three-component, and five-component acellular pertussis vaccines compared with whole-cell pertussis vaccine.Lancet. 1997; 350: 1569-1577
- A comparative efficacy trial in Germany in infants who received either the Lederle/Takeda acellular pertussis component DTP (DTaP) vaccine, the Lederle whole-cell component DTP vaccine, or DT vaccine.Pediatrics. 1998; 101: 1-11
California Department of Public Health. Pertussis Report 10-6-2010. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/PertussisReport10-6-2010.pdf. Accessed November 11, 2011.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nationally notifiable diseases surveillance system pertussis (whooping cough) 1997 case definition. http://www.cdc.gov/osels/ph_surveillance/nndss/casedef/pertussis_1997r.htm. Accessed on June 20, 2012.
State of California, Department of Finance. Race/ethnic population with age and sex detail, 2000-2050. Sacramento (CA): July 2007.
California Department of Public Health. Pertussis (whooping cough). http://www.cdph.ca.gov/healthinfo/discond/pages/pertussis.aspx. Accessed January 20, 2012.
California Department of Public Health. Pertussis Report 1-6-2012. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/PertussisReport1-6-2012.pdf. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Summary of notifiable diseases—United States, 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009; 58 (32): 13-14
- Increase in deaths from pertussis among young infants in the United States in the 1990s.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2003; 22: 628-634
- Pertussis deaths: report of 23 cases in the United States, 1992 and 1993.Pediatrics. 1996; 97: 607-612
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Estimated vaccination coverage with 3+DTaP among children 19-35 months of age by race/ethnicity, and by state and local area—US, National Immunization Survey, Q1/2010-Q4/2010. http://www2a.cdc.gov/nip/coverage/nis/nis_iap3.asp?fmt=r&rpt=tab19_3dtp_race_iap&qtr=Q1/2010-Q4/2010. Accessed on January 10, 2012.
- Infant and maternal risk factors for pertussis-related infant mortality in the United States, 1999 to 2004.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009; 28: 194-198
- Infant pertussis: who was the source?.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004; 23: 985-989
- Transmission of Bordetella pertussis to young infants.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007; 26: 293-299
- The number needed to vaccinate to prevent infant pertussis hospitalization and death through parent cocoon immunization.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 54: 318-327
- Acellular pertussis vaccine at birth and one month induces antibody response by two months of age.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010; 29: 209-215
- Placebo-controlled trial of two acellular pertussis vaccines in Sweden: protective efficacy and adverse events.Lancet. 1988; 1: 955-960
- Acellular pertussis vaccines efficacy and evaluation of clinical case definitions.Am J Dis Child. 1991; 145: 1285-1289
- Pertussis vaccine effectiveness after mass immunization of high school students in Australia.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009; 28: 152-153
- Effectiveness of adolescent and adult tetanus, reduced-dose diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccine against pertussis.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 51: 315-321
- Herd immunity: history, theory, practice.Epidemiol Rev. 1993; 15: 265-302
- Vaccination and herd immunity to infectious diseases.Nature. 1985; 318: 323-329
California Department of Public Health. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/2010KindergartenAssessmentReport.pdf. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- National, state and local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years—United States, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1117-1123
- Adult vaccination coverage—United States, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 66-72
- The increasing incidence of pertussis in Massachusetts adolescents and adults, 1989-1998.J Infect Dis. 2000; 182: 1409-1416
- Pertussis pseudo-outbreak linked to specimens contaminated by Bordetella pertussis DNA from clinical surfaces.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e424-e430
- Barriers to early uptake of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) among adults—United States, 2005-2007.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 3850-3856
Funded and conducted as a part of routine disease surveillance activities by the California Department of Public Health , and no honorarium, grant, or other form of payment was given to anyone to produce the manuscript. The authors declare no conflicts of interest.