Abbreviations:HIE (Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy), MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging), PLIC (Posterior limb of the internal capsule)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The asphyxiated newborn infant.in: Fetal and neonatal neurology and neurosurgery. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh1995: 405-425
- Hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy.in: Neurology of the newborn. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1995: 314-369
- Prognostic value of early MR imaging in term infants with severe perinatal asphyxia.Neuropaediatrics. 1994; 4: 191-200
- Hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy: early and late magnetic resonance imaging findings in relation to outcome.Arch Dis Child. 1996; 75: F145-F151
- Neonatal encephalopathy following fetal distress: a clinical and electrophysical study.Arch Neurol. 1976; 33: 696-705
- Abnormal MRI signal in the internal capsule predicts poor neurodevelopmental outcome in infants with HIE.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 323-328
- Hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy: early magnetic resonance imaging findings and their evolution.Neuropediatrics. 1995; 26: 183-191
- Optimality score for the neurologic examination of the infant at 12 and 18 months of age.J Pediatr. 1999; 135: 153-161
- The changing panorama of cerebral palsy in Sweden 1954-70. I. Analysis of general changes.Acta Paediatr. 1975; 64: 187-192
- Development and reliability of a system to classify gross motor function in children with cerebral palsy.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1997; 39: 214-223
- Prediction of neuromotor outcome in perinatal asphyxia: evaluation of MRI scoring systems.Am J Neuroradiol. 1998; 19: 143-149
- Prognostic value of early somatosensory evoked potentials for adverse outcome in full-term infants with birth asphyxia.Brain Dev. 1991; 13: 320-325
- Predictive value of early neuroimaging, pulsed Doppler and neurophysiology in full term infants with hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy.Arch Dis Child. 1995; 73: F73-F80
- Predictive value of early continuous amplitude integrated EEG recordings on outcome after severe birth asphyxia in full term infants.Arch Dis Child. 1995; 72: F34-F38
- Neonatal neurologic prognostication: the asphyxiated term newborn.Pediatr Neurol. 1999; 21: 776-784
- Prognostic reliability of SEP and VEP of asphyxiated term infants.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1992; 34: 507-515
- Prognostic value of continuous electroencephalographic recording in full term infants with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.Arch Dis Child. 1994; 71: F97-F102
*Reprint requests: Eugenio Mercuri, MD, Department of Paediatrics, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 OHS, UK.