Abbreviations:FEF ( Forced expiratory flow)
- A reinterpretation of psychologically induced airways changes.J Asthma. 1989; 26: 53-63
- Bronchial asthma in adults: there is little evidence for the effectiveness of behavioral therapy and relaxation.J Psychosomat Res. 1982; 26: 533-540
- Massage therapy for infants and children.Dev Behav Pediatr. 1995; 16: 105-111
- Parental perceptions of childhood illness.J Asthma. 1991; 28: 91-101
- Cognitive-behavioral pain management in children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.Pediatrics. 1992; 89: 1075-1079
- Relaxation therapy reduces anxiety inchild/adolescent psychiatry patients.Acta Paedopsychiatrica. 1992; 55: 115-120
- The State Trait Anxiety Inventory.Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto (CA)1970
- Prevalence of abnormalities found by sinus x-ray in childhood asthma, lack of relation to severity of asthma.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1987; 80: 268-273
- Air power: self-management of asthma through group education. 1984 (Bethesda (MD))
- Psychosomatic symptoms in asthmatic children and adolescents.Agents Actions Suppl. 1993; 40: 27-37
- Anxiety in children with asthma.J Asthma. 1993; 30: 199-209
- Relaxation therapy in the treatment of bronchial asthma: effects on basal spirometric values.Psychother Psychosom. 1993; 60: 106-112
☆Supported by a National Institute of Mental Health Research Scientist Award (MH00331) and an NIMH Research Grant (MH46586) (TF) and a grant from Johnson & Johnson to the Touch Research Institute.
☆☆Reprint requests: Tiffany Field, PhD, Touch Research Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, P.O. Box 016820, Miami, FL 33101.