- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) in pregnant women and persons who have or anticipate having close contact with an infant aged <12 months. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011.MMWR. 2011; 60: 1424-1426
- Prevention of pertussis, tetanus, and diphtheria among pregnant and postpartum women and their infants recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR recommendations and reports.MMWR. 2008; 57: 1-51
- Trends in pertussis among infants in the United States, 1980-1999.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2968-2975
- Infant and maternal risk factors for pertussis-related infant mortality in the United States, 1999-2004.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009; 28: 194-198
- Pertussis–a disease and vaccine for all ages.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1615-1617
- Pertussis in early infancy: disease burden and preventive strategies.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2009; 22: 215-223
Pertussis (Whooping Cough): Outbreaks. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks.html/. Accessed February 3, 2013.
- Maternal immunization with tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis vaccine: effect on maternal and neonatal serum antibody levels.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: e1-e5
- Effect of a prepregnancy pertussis booster dose on maternal antibody titers in young infants.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011; 30: 608-610
- Seroprevalence of Bordetella pertussis antibodies in mothers and their newborn infants.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 13: 59-61
- Prevalence of pertussis antibodies in maternal delivery, cord, and infant serum.J Infect Dis. 2004; 190: 335-340
- Natural history of pertussis antibody in the infant and effect on vaccine response.J Infect Dis. 1990; 161: 487-492
- Pertussis antibodies in postpartum women and their newborns.J Perinatol. 2010; 30: 93-97
- ACOG Committee Opinion No. 521: Update on immunization and pregnancy: tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccination.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 690-691
- Updated Recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) in pregnant women—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012.MMWR. 2013; 62: 131-135
- Adverse event reports after tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccines in pregnant women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: e1-e7
- Methodology for Safety Surveillance of Adverse Events Following Vaccination During Pregnancy. Sanofi Pasteur,
2012 (Avialable at:)http://globe-network.org/sites/default/files/documents/public/resources/conferences/2012/maternal-immunization/methodology-for-safety-surveillance-of-adverse-events-following-vaccination-during-pregnancy.pdf(Accessed February 12, 2013)
- Pediatric deaths attributable to complex chronic conditions: a population-based study of Washington State, 1980-1997.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 205-209
- Importance of background rates of disease in assessment of vaccine safety during mass immunisation with pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccines.Lancet. 2009; 374: 2115-2122
- Causes of death among stillbirths.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2459-2468
Pertussis Maternal Immunization Study. Available at: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00553228. Accessed February 12, 2013.
Pertussis Vaccine in Healthy Pregnant Women. Available at: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00707148). Accessed February 12, 2013.
Funded by University of Utah Center for Clinical and Translational Science through National Center for Research Resources and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences , National Institutes of Health ( 8UL1TR000105 [formerly UL1RR025764 ]), the University of Utah Children's Health Research Center , and the H.A. and Edna Benning Presidential Endowment . The authors declare no conflicts of interest.